IELTS Preparation Courses
The Boston School’s Academic & General IELTS Preparation Courses
Are you looking to study at a university that requires an IELTS Test to be completed? Or perhaps you have the great opportunity to work abroad in Canada, Australia or England?
We have developed short-term courses for students preparing to take the IELTS test within 2-4 months time. To qualify for our courses, you will need to complete a Reading, Listening and Writing sample test first. We will also give you a call to introduce ourselves and check your speaking skills.
How can this short-term course help?
Our short-term courses focus mainly on applying critical thinking skills, which assists students to create clear, logical reports and essays as well as speak with more clarity. This can prove helpful not only in preparing for the Academic IELTS Test but also for oral presentation and report writing skills, which may be encountered in a work or university setting.
Who is this course most suitable for?
Students who have achieved their goals most often with our course have the following attributes:
- Only their Speaking and Writing scores need improvement to reach their desired score.
- Their Reading and Listening scores average 1 full point above the minimum requirement.
- Can attend at least once a week without any gaps
- Complete their homework assignments on a weekly basis and can devote at least 2 hours a week to do so.
How many lessons will I need, and what are the costs?
For those who can meet the score and availability requirements described above, we recommend booking 5x 1.5-hour sessions per week.
Classes will be held via Zoom until further notice. Via Skype or Microsoft Teams is also possible.
Additional classes can be booked after the 5 lessons have been completed, on recommendation by the teacher.
Our hourly rates can be found here: “Online Examination Preparation” rate.
Do you offer a group preparation course for the IELTS Academic Test?
We currently do not have any group IELTS courses available. However, we can create a course around 2 or more students who wish to take their course together.
What will we learn during a private or group online course?
Whether you take an individual or group course with us, here is what you will learn:
For Writing Task 1 / Academic:
1) How to view data to find main overall trends
2) How to categorize and group data into sub-trends
3) How to concisely compare trends by using key phrases to connect ideas
For Writing Task 2 / Academic:
1) How to formulate their ideas before they begin to write.
2) How to write an appropriate introduction and conclusion.
3) How to carefully connect all their ideas to the essay question.
For Speaking Tasks 1-3:
1) Understand the requirements for each task
2) Learn how to include the right amount of details in the amount of time allotted for each task
3) Feel more confident on the test day so that nerves are under control
Can you recommend additional self-study material that include free IELTS sample tests?
Yes. Being a partner of IELTS Switzerland, we highly recommend using their free self-study material to prepare for the test before signing up for one of our courses. They also offer free sample test questions for both the General and Academic versions.
To receive more information or to register, please provide your address details in the form provided below.
IELTS Course Enquiry
Do you want to learn English?
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
– Theodore Roosevelt