IELTS Preparation Courses
The Boston School’s Academic & General IELTS Preparation Courses
Are you looking to study at a university that requires an IELTS Test to be completed? Or perhaps you have the great opportunity to work abroad in Canada, Australia or England?
We have developed short-term courses for students preparing to take the IELTS test within 2-4 months time. To qualify for our courses, you will need to complete a Reading, Listening and Writing sample test first. We will also give you a call to introduce ourselves and check your speaking skills.
Based on your results and the score you wish to reach, we will call you to give our honest opinion if our course is appropriate for you.
How do our short-term courses help? And can it really make a difference?
Our short-term courses focus mainly on applying critical thinking skills, which assists students to create clear, logical reports and essays as well as speak with more clarity. This can prove helpful not not only in preparing for the Academic IELTS Test but also for oral presentation and report writing skills, which may be encountered in a work or university setting.
So far, we have reached
So far, we have reached 100% results with our course material in helping students reach their goal when:
- Student scores 1 full point higher than the IELTS test score required on the Reading and Listening sections. Example: aim for overall score of 7.0; Reading and Listening Scores = 8.0 or higher on sample test before course begins
- Student understands and applies lessons learned regarding the Writing Sections by the second try.
- Student completes all homework assignments.
How many lessons will I need and what are the costs?
For individual Skype lessons, we highly recommend booking 5x 1-hour sessions. Our rate is CHF 60.00 hour as we aim to make this service affordable for many. More lessons may need to be booked if student does not show enough improvement by Session 4.
Do you offer a group preparation course for the IELTS Academic Test?
In May 2020, we will offer our first group preparation course. Please see courses available.
What will we learn during a private or group online course?
Whether you take an individual or group course with us, here is what you will learn:
For Writing Task 1 / Academic:
1) How to view data to find main overall trends
2) How to categorize and group data into sub-trends
3) How to concisely compare trends by using key phrases to connect ideas
For Writing Task 2 / Academic:
1) How to formulate their ideas before they begin to write.
2) How to write an appropriate introduction and conclusion.
3) How to carefully connect all their ideas to the essay question.
For Speaking Tasks 1-3:
1) Understand the requirements for each task
2) Learn how to include the right amount of details in the amount of time alloted for each task
3) Feel more confident on the test day so that nerves are under control
Can you recommend additional self-study material that include free IELTS sample tests?
Yes. Being a partner of IELTS Switzerland, we highly recommend using their free self-study material to prepare for the test before signing up for one of our courses. They also offer free sample tests for both the General and Academic versions.
To receive more information or to register, please provide your address details in the form provided below.
IELTS Course Enquiry
Do you want to learn English?
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
– Theodore Roosevelt